The purpose of this course is to train professionals who are familiar with yoga therapy. They gain sound knowledge of the therapeutic use of various yoga exercises together with the science of ayurveda, as well as breathing exercises, relaxation and meditation techniques, their physiological effects, general anatomy, physiology and health science.
To start this course we require basic instructor certificate or in-depth knowledge of yoga. Familiarity with asanas and basic breathing techniques are essential. This training is concerned with the use of yoga to prevent illness and alleviate existing conditions.
- Basic yoga therapy, connection of body and mind
- Health and illness in the ayurvedic approach
- Introduction to ayurveda (3 doshas, gunas, 5 element theory, prakriti and vikriti, yoga practice according to body types)
- Ayurveda and yoga nutrition (Change of seasons and their effect on the human physiology, flavours and their effects, the role of herbs and spices)
- Ayurvedicphytotherapy (Most frequently used herbs and herbal products)
- Natural remedies in yoga teaching
- Purification methods (panchakarma and satkarma)
- Yoga anatomy and physiology
- Prevention of illnesses and rehabilitation with the help of yoga
- Ayurvedic diagnostic methods
- Yoga practice, pranayama, bandhas, chakras, and how these are related to yoga
- Therapeutic use of relaxation and meditation